Contract Terms & Conditions
1.1 COMPANY shall mean CN ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS LTD)
1.2 “You/your” shall mean you: the customer (the person or organization for whom we agree to carry out works and/or supply or materials)
1.3 “Representative” shall be the person we send to you to do work.
- Jobs at Half Hourly Rate
The total charge to you will be the time spent by our representative on the job. It will include all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials. Parts and materials supplied by us will be charged at the trade price plus 30% handling charge.
- Collecting Materials
We mainly carry everyday stock items however if a job requires us to pick up extra material we charge you for the travel time it takes to get the part, but if the first shop does not have the part in stock it will have to be your choice how much you want to spend on travel time. We will however keep you informed on how long on expected travel time.
- Fixed Price work
Quotes will include labour and materials plus vat. The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Revision to quotes may occur:
- You change the scope of the work
- There is an increase in the price of materials
- Further works turn out to be needed to do the work
- Impossible for us to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, we will give you a free quote for the work so that you can choose to use us or not. If you decline the quote, there will be no charges payable by you.
Invoices are payable immediately at the end of each job by card, cash, cheque.
- Cancellation of Jobs
If you book an engineer for an emergency we require a debit or credit card number for a deposit agreed when the job is booked and if you cancelled this job in less than 10 minutes of booking you will not have to pay but if you cancelled after 10 minutes off booking then you will be charged the agreed cancellation fee.
- Time Keeping
Every effort is made to arrive at a job at the time and date agreed with you, however we cannot accept liability for arriving late or for the late delivery or failure to supply materials.
- The Customer
You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on their behalf.
- You will be tied to these terms and conditions until the engineer has arrived at you property and you have signed the contract which you will then be tied to the terms and conditions of the contractual agreement.
- If we are doing work at your rented property on behalf of a landlord you the tenant has to be bound by the terms of the contract and if for any reason whatsoever the landlord refuses to pay you the tenant will be liable to pay and reclaim all cost back from your landlord.
- Materials purchased as a result of work you instruct us to undertake will be charged to you if you later cancelled. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
- One Hours Charge may also be taken on Debit/Credit Card before any engineer commits to a call out This is normally used when a customer is booking for the same day service – In the case that any engineer does not arrive a refund will be made to the same customers card – But May not credit there account the same day
We have a 100-day guarantee period of our labour for repairs and 12 months guarantee for new installations if the materials are supplied by us and the duration of the manufacturer’s guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by us. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, by 0800 850 775 or 07957 943 432 or in writing, within 7 days of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You agree that if you do not contact us within 7 days nor let us back in to rectify our work, we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
- We CANNOT guarantee our work, parts and equipment supplied to you if:
- They suffer misuse, treated negligently or if our work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than us.
- We carry out works for you using your materials.
- You order us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice will be given to you either orally, or in writing.
- We indicate that further works need to be carried out.
- Existing installations are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can we guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of our work in these cases.
- We accept no liability for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
- We reserve the right to decline to undertake any work.
- Goods entitlement
Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property (we continue to have title over them) we have the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods. At any time and without notice we shall also be entitled to enter any premises in which our goods, or any part of them, are installed, stored or kept or it is reasonably believed to be so.
We shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods. However, the risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
- These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorized representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
- Customer Liability
The Customer shall (subject to the Company having taken and exercised all reasonable care and skill) reimburse the Company in respect of any cost, charge or expense (reasonably and necessarily incurred) or any liability incurred as a result of breach by the Customer of these Terms and Condition (where the Costumer could reasonably have foreseen that such cost, charge, expense or liability might have arisen or been incurred as a result of such breach), or as a result of any defective or dangerous electric, or other equipment or fittings serving, or at, the Customer’s premises, where the Customer was aware, or ought reasonably to have been aware, of such defect or danger.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
We hope that you find our website useful, and it is provided in good faith. However, we assume no responsibility regarding the accuracy of any content. Any content downloaded or obtained from this website is done at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use does not contain items such as viruses, worms or other items of a destructive nature. The information on this website does not constitute advice, and you should seek advice specific to your circumstances before acting upon anything contained within this website. To the maximum extent permissible in English law, in no event will we be liable to you or any other individual or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages related to any use of this website, its content or on any other hyper linked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, lost sales, lost revenue, loss of goodwill, business interruption, loss of programs or other data even if the users or hosts are expressly advised or aware of the possibility of such damages or losses. All content is provided by the users and hosts on an “as is” basis only. You assume all risk of loss for the use thereof. The users and hosts provide no representations, conditions and/or warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and noninfringement. We are not responsible for the content of linked, external websites.
All content on this website is protected by copyright. You may print off one copy of content from this website for your personal use. You may not reproduce or use content on this website without prior written approval, including for commercial purposes or on another website.
It is not necessary to provide us with personal information to browse this website. Where personal information is provided to us, for instance through registration or email, it is kept in compliance with UK privacy regulations. Personal information is kept in good faith, but no warranty is provided beyond these regulations.